Mask questions +1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tommymac

Contributor
Reaction score
When I bought my Aqua-Div Dlx in 1962, I didn't need glasses for diving. Now I do and my prescription is such that the only solution is having lens bonded to the inside of a mask lens. Mask's with a thin glass plate have cracked on me just sitting in a mask box. The thicker lens masks do fine and I have been using your Wrap around with great sucess. Now thats its time to replaces prescription lens again, now is also the time to also consider replacing the neoprene mask. The new silicone Wrap around makes sense but I seriously wish you had not removed the purge valve. I have one and its tough construction is great. I do miss having the purge option. So my first question is, are there plans to add the purge valve back in the classic Wrap around?

Second question regards the lens thickness of the Pacifica. Is it as thick as the Wrap around and does it have metal or plastic banding around the lens?

These two masks are among the very few that cooperate with my face and stash.

Third question, something you probably have committed to memory :) wondering what the WOB on the SEA4 is?

Thanks for reading

Tom

Hi Tom,
Thanks for taking me down memory lane!
There are no plans to return the purge valve to the wrap around mask. Sorry.
The Pacifica lens is as thick as the wrap around and the mask does sport a metal band.
Back in the day of SEA4 (13 years ago) we did not possess an ANSTI breathing machine to measure the overall WOB so I do not know what it is. We really don't have any incentive to take the time to test the older models. Thanks for understanding.

Hi Tom,
Thanks for taking me down memory lane!
There are no plans to return the purge valve to the wrap around mask. Sorry.
The Pacifica lens is as thick as the wrap around and the mask does sport a metal band.
Back in the day of SEA4 (13 years ago) we did not possess an ANSTI breathing machine to measure the overall WOB so I do not know what it is. We really don't have any incentive to take the time to test the older models. Thanks for understanding.

Thank you for your response.

When I was about 14 or 15 I wrote to Aqua-Lung, and asked how deep I could go with the Aqua-Div Dlx. Still have the letter back somewhere :)

Tom

Back
Top Bottom