Mask - Low Volume black skirt prescription lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Richardson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone know of a manufacturer of masks who make a low volume black skirted mask which takes prescription lens?

Thanks

The Mares LiquidSkin is IMHO the most comfortable mask on the market. I like the Star LiquidSkin (ultra low volume "free diving" mask) but you'd have to get custom lenses for that one.

The X-Vision LiquidSkin comes in a Black/Silver skirt and is about $150-$170 with lenses installed. The lenses are available in half diopters from -1 to -8 and bifocals from +1 to +3

This is the one I use.
Apollo Bio Metal Mask reviews and discounts, Apollo
The mask volume's really small, and mine has prescription lenses as well.
I'm not sure about the range of diopters available.

In case you're willing to spend more, stainless steel frame models are also available.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of masks who make a low volume black skirted mask which takes prescription lens?

Thanks

Are we talking about simple correction or bifocals or significant astigmatism (cylinder >1) ? That will have a big impact on the form correction takes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom