Mask Leaking is Annoying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And my mask leaks if I put the strap under the hood. Over the hood it's fine. Besides, under the hood and you lose the seal the hood creates.

Not the strap, the skirt. If 3D Diver's hood is thin rubber, I can see it maybe working but good luck getting a mask to seal if you don't tuck the skirt with a 5mm or 7mm hood.

My fault. I was already thinking strap because the OP changing from the standard strap to neoprene strap had me there. Misread your post thinking it was the same thing.

Not the strap, the skirt. If 3D Diver's hood is thin rubber, I can see it maybe working but good luck getting a mask to seal if you don't tuck the skirt with a 5mm or 7mm hood.

Yeah, wouldn't work with a neoprene hood.

The point of my original post was the bubbles coming out of the top of my mask, indicating a potential leak not otherwise mentioned.

I replaced the strap with a neoprene strap to keep it from snagging my hair. Could it be that I need to go back to the silicone one it came with?

FWIW, I've had a similar issue with using a neoprene strap on my AA frameless. Now I have to clear water out of it occasionally, whereas before it was totally dry with the original silicone strap. Annoying, but I figure the less failure-prone slapstrap is worth some leaking.

Back
Top Bottom