Do you wear or mask in or out of your hood

• Inside

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • outside

Votes: 37 75.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear the mask strap on the outside, and the mask-skirt tucked inside. So which way should I vote?:confused:

GearHead once bubbled...
I wear the mask strap on the outside, and the mask-skirt tucked inside.

Well, you have to have the skirt inside, otherwise it won't seal.

But some sadistic people buy large hoods or customize their hood so that it doesn't even come in contact with the mask skirt. It makes it easier for mask replacement drills.

Atomic once bubbled...

Well, you have to have the skirt inside, otherwise it won't seal.

GearHead once bubbled...
But some sadistic people buy large hoods or customize their hood so that it doesn't even come in contact with the mask skirt. It makes it easier for mask replacement drills.

Why do they have to be sadistic? It makes mask replacement much easier as there is no need to tuck your mask skirt under the hood.I prefer my mask strap on the outside especially since i prefer not to wear my mask on long surface swims

I forgot that not everyone dives in 44 degree water this time of year. :cold:

I like for my hood to come down right onto the mask skirt to avoid unnecessary chill. It does make mask replacement more of a pain, but I don't practice that skill often enough to make it worth the cold.

lal7176 once bubbled...

Why do they have to be sadistic? It makes mask replacement much easier as there is no need to tuck your mask skirt under the hood.I prefer my mask strap on the outside especially since i prefer not to wear my mask on long surface swims

GearHead once bubbled...
I forgot that not everyone dives in 44 degree water this time of year. :cold:

I like for my hood to come down right onto the mask skirt to avoid unnecessary chill. It does make mask replacement more of a pain, but I don't practice that skill often enough to make it worth the cold.

Yea 55deg water is bad enough....lol. 44 deg water is downright cold.Good reason not to trim your hood.Maybe we should consider moving to someplace warmer like florida:D

Yeah, Florida sounds pretty good to me. But we'll have to be careful not to emulate GI3 too much or our profile pics will be in Speedos. :D

lal7176 once bubbled...

Yea 55deg water is bad enough....lol. 44 deg water is downright cold.Good reason not to trim your hood.Maybe we should consider moving to someplace warmer like florida:D

I've been going back and forth on this. I've been wearing my mask inside simply because I get a better seal that way or, indeed, any seal. I don't particularly like wearing it inside due to the walk down to the water... but each time I try it on the outside I get a leak from hell that neither I nor my buddys are able to find an obvious reason for.

Any ideas?

My hood is part of the outer layer of my suit and I often take the hood off, pull it back, once we are back up in the warmer water, so I have mine inside and don't have to remove it to reposition my hood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom