Mask for VERY narrow face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi.

I'm looking for a mask to fit a very narrow face. I went through this a few years back and found two that fit very nicely: Sporasub Samurai/Dessault and Scubapro Futura 1. The Sporasub is super comfortable and air tight, but the very thin mask band does not hold a snorkel firmly (I believe this mask was designed with freedivers in mind, though there is the version with the tinted lens for spearfishermen). I also love the Futura 1--in fact it's the one I use regularly--but it's not available in the US (I bought mine online from the Scubastore/DiveInn before they stopped selling Scubapro gear to the US).

I am wondering if there are any new masks out--last couple of years--that fit a very narrow face?

Thanks, Mahjong

If you can have a look at the Mares Kona mid.
It's a very narrow mask.But again the strap is also very narrow(same as x-vision)
Good luck on your quest

Try Omer (Omer Dive Masks including Alien Mirrored, Bandit, Bandit Mirrored, Alien Black) Masks. I usually put customers with narrower faces in these masks and they seem to be pleased with the fit. We carry the Alien and the Bandit style masks. The Alien Mask(Omer Alien Black Scuba Diving Mask at Divers Direct - Scuba gear & equipment online dive catalog!) has a wider view than the Bandit Mask(Omer Bandit Mirrored Dive Mask at Divers Direct - Scuba gear & equipment online dive catalog!). Omer Masks have a softer silicone than most other masks so it makes for a more comfortable fit.

You might want to look into the MicroMask. It's a new mask and it is definitely designed for a narrow face. Most masks fit me but this one is way too narrow. It is a low volume mask. When wearing it your face is close to the glass so yous still have good peripheral vision.

I may go for this mask, but my problem is with my current cheap mask...Tusa Liberator, the bottom of my nose hits the bottom of the nose pocket. If I order from a place like LeisurePro, I assume we can return if it doesn't work?

I may go for this mask, but my problem is with my current cheap mask...Tusa Liberator, the bottom of my nose hits the bottom of the nose pocket. If I order from a place like LeisurePro, I assume we can return if it doesn't work?
If you get it from Leisurepro you can return it if it does not fit. They have it listed for $70.00 and my LDS sells it for around $100.00.

Masks for really narrow faces: Cressi Lince; Atomic frameless mid. Both of these are super narrow. The Omer-sub alien is also a narrow mask with very soft silicon, but it is not as the other too mentioned

Try:

ATOMIC Frameless mid
XS SCUBA Goby
OCEANIC Shadow mini

The Atomic midfit frameless mask fits most women and kids with narrow faces. It was rated by Scuba Lab as their favorite low volume mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom