mask clears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of all the various methods there are few basic principles that need to take place to successfully clear the mask:

The water needs to be at the lowest point because of gravity, from the sealed side. So if you're upside down, it would do you no good to seal the top of the mask (now the bottom).

You need to exhale completely into the mask via the nose. This means no wasting the precious air by sending some through your mouth. We breath through-out the day in a combination of mouth/nose, so it actually takes a little getting used too.

--------

My method:

I place fingers from one or both hands on the top of mask, tilt my head back a little, exhale slowly and slip the bottom of the mask out a little. It takes a little practice to learn how much you can "break the seal", otherwise more water will pour in than you're forcing out.

Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it.

#5. Suck the water in through your nose and then blow it out through your mouth.

:eyebrow:

theskull

The fourth way is to flip over on your back and whistle Dixie through your nose. It works great and attracts all the Yankeefish to your location. The spadefish then digs you a hole and the Bluespotted Cornetfish comes along and plays the Death March from Star Wars. It can't be practiced in the pool, which is probably why you guys don't know it.

theskull:
#5. Suck the water in through your nose and then blow it out through your mouth.

:eyebrow:

theskull

Careful not to block your nostrils when you suck in your eyeballs. :eyecrazy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom