Mask choice X-Vision or Shadow ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tafflad,
Our initial offering next month will include black frame w/ black/silver liquidskin, Blue/clear, and yellow clear. :)

Z

Tafflad:
MARES X-Vision or OCEANIC Shadow ....... with a possible 3rd of the Aqualung Maui

Anybody tried these against each other ?

I have both the X-Vision (Black) and Oceanic Shadow.

I prefer to dive with the Shadow for the fact that it is frameless (lower volume and good field of vision).

In keeping with the OP, he had been a fan of the oval mask. Most oval masks have the strap attachemnt to the skirt. It is the main reason that I like the Mares X Vision because it "feels" like a round mask if you understand. It also fits bifocals nicely. Since ParrotHead or whatever is concerned about thread hijacking, he should look at himself in the mirror. I believe that the OP will prefer the Mares because of the comfortable strap ojn skirt design. I do believe--Parrothead--that is on topic as was my original post in this thread and yours (post) of course was not value added.

N
NAVED 111

RonFrank:
Well, I'm not sure you can condemn a mask that does not fit your face. Sounds like user error to me, in the purchase. RU suggesting that this mask leaks because it is somehow unable to fit any face on the planet? :confused:

A good mask is one that fits. That is always the first rule in choosing a mask.

Hiya Ron, before jumping to conclusions as to why I said they leak, maybe you should ask or seek clarification first. The fit was great. The leaks are in/from the frame itself. constant stream of bubbles from the top two edges of the mask frame. not the skirt. sorry to disappoint you. happened to all 3 users. we all thought we got a bad piece, turns out all three has the SAME issue. Again, not saying the x-vision has that problem, just the pure vision.

is this worldwide release next month ? ... I am in UK

Tafflad,

I believe it is a worldwide launch by end of next month. I can't confirm this until Mon. Although I don't see why not. May even be sooner for the UK as your an ocean closer to Italy than the U.S. :)

Best,

What is your view (or anyone else) of the MARES Demon mask ? .. is this a product improved X-Vision or aimed at different user ?
Is the skirt of the Demon any different to X-Vision?

I had the same issues with the TUSA Visualator as you. I've used a couple different masks now and so far The Shadow has been the best. It rarely leaks and is very low volume without decreasing the FoV too much. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom