mask and mustache

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone with a mustache have any recommendations on a specific mask? I like the clear silicon type. Other than that I don't really care for the purge valve but not a deal breaker so to speak. Do like the slim line low profile. Thanks

the Deep Sea Omni. It even seals for me when I forget to trim a line under my nose.

Hallmac

I tried a ton of different masks on, and I couldn't get one to seal properly when doing the slight inhale test to see if it would stick.

The closest I came was with a Tilos model (no name, but it has side panes built into it) that had a very short skirt under the nose. Even then I was clearing constantly.

My instructor suggested trimming, which worked out well. Most people don't notice when I go back to work on Mondays, and it's grown back in in a couple of days.

I did try silicon grease once. Yech!

You can see my mask and trimmed moustache in my profile pic.

Marc :jester:

I just keep a tiny little bit of positive pressure in the mask so no water can come in through my mustache. No trimming required that way.
Rick

I use a cressie horizon....trim slightly just under the nose....and get minor intrusion. Never use anything gel like to help...tried once...too messy.

I think my deal with water getting in is i often during exhale let air out the nose thus breaking my seal....but water on the face isnt a big deal to me anyway...

Thanks I can grow a new one in two weeks. But will ck out the suggested models and if I need to I will loose the catapilar. I think I spelled that wrong?

The Tusa SplendiveII and SplendiveIV's are both excellent masks for use with mustaches, I personally use them and I know a lot of other folks that have mustaches and dive them as well, also you might do a search on the board as there is a pretty good thread about this topic already with some good info..HTH

Don't cut the tickler. Just get a mask that is comfortable and get used to having a bit of water under your nose.

Is the best one I have ever used and still do. With just a little trim right under my nose it seals good enough to get a mask squeeze!

Wildbill:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom