Martha's Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfranks1658

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey gang, am goin to Martha's quarry this weekend with my son who is back from Iraq. I know all these questions have been answered before but well here I go.
1) does Martha's have air fills?
2) I understand there are discount entry tickets at the LDS's, What is the closest LDS to the quarry?
3) Does anyone known what time is opens?
4) Last, what is the viz like this time of year? (I know like most quarrys it depends on how much rain and students have been in the water, lol.

Thanks gang, any information will be appreciated.
Ray Franks

Ray,

I haven't been to Marthas in a few weeks now. According to a friend of mine who was there three weeks ago, the vis then was down to 5'-6.' Of course, it could be much better now. The algae bloom finally hit and vis goes from good to bad every couple of days as the algae blooms and dies off. You might want to call Fred and see how it is looking.

You can get air fills there now. Fred has a compressor set up in the same area where you check-in. He also has gear for rent if you forget something.

If you are coming from the Nashville area, the closest shop will probably be Scuba Supply on Donelson Pike in Donelson. Where are you coming from? There might be a closer shop for you to try. Also, you might want to call around tomorrow to make sure a shop has passes in hand. I have heard of some shops selling out and not having any available. It seems that as it gets later in the week, the passes start selling faster. The fee at the gate is $30.00 and you can buy a pass in advance for $20.00. They usually open the gate at 9:00 AM.

On a personal note, I am very glad to hear your son is back safe and sound from Iraq. Please be sure to thank him for his service and commitment to keeping us safe. If I'm lucky some day, I can join ya'll at Martha to blow a few bubbles.

Does air fills mean you need to bring your own tanks or do they have enough of those available for rental also?

They do rent tanks. But I don't know the cost.
Vis was about 5ft. a couple of weeks ago !:11:

Got family things to do Sat. Taking the wife on a date. I'm up for ABWA Sunday though. I will be there at 0900.

CorallineDream:
Does air fills mean you need to bring your own tanks or do they have enough of those available for rental also?

Cameron, if it's the compressor they used to have several years ago, I'd stop by Dive Sports and pick up tanks before driving up. (Many years ago, I hear many less-than-positive reviews of their compressor system. From what I saw then, I'd agree with them. ) Not sure what compressor they are using now, so someone may be able to correct me and verify the quality of their air fills. (But I still take my own tanks to Marthas).

Any will do. As long as they have tons of air in them.

FYI...
I have a Solo Diver class and a few other students going to Martha's on Sunday, the 19th. I talked to Fred and made arrangements to get the $20 discounted price for our store customers. If anyone is planning on making a trip to Martha's on the 19 of August, let me know and I will add you in to our group at the discount rate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom