Marsa Alam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbulmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the current water temperature in Marsa Alam?

If I'm lucky I might be there next week and was wondering what exposure suit I should be wearing. I get cold relatively easy and would be looking to do 3 dives a day for 7 days or so. Would a drysuit be overkill?

Thanks Solly,
I don't have a wetsuit and I'd heard that it can get quite cold so I'm debating whether to buy a wetsuit or take the drysuit. Tomorrow is the only day I can get one if our booking is confirmed.

ok ... in my opinion it should be a question of baggage weight... if you are ok with your weight then get your drysuit and see overhere if you need to get a wetsuit ... it will not get below 21-22 for next week so I guess you should decide based on that.... one point to highlight, it will be very bad on the surface due to wind chill as this winter is severely cold (compared to what we used to have in Egypt for the past few years, the air temperature in hurghada was 18-20 degrees last week and it was a pleasant morning with sun all over) hence you should take this point into consideration

Thanks,
Sounds as if drysuit is coming with me.

I have already paid for more baggage weight anyway.

dry suits are not common in Egypt, however I saw some guides and instructors who use them.. but mainly up north in sharm and few in hurghada... I didn't go that much to marsa alam ... so if you already paid for the baggage then get your drysuit with you and enjoy your time here :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom