Married to a craft beer geek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

morecowbells

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I are heading to Cozumel on Sat. Cerveveria Punta Sur is one of our favorite places to grab dinner and a beer, I was wondering about other places that serve craft beer on the island as well. Any experiences with Cerveceria Kusam or La Internacional Cerveceria? Sun and Mon weather looks craptastic, so we may hang out at a brew pub. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

My husband and I are heading to Cozumel on Sat. Cerveveria Punta Sur is one of our favorite places to grab dinner and a beer, I was wondering about other places that serve craft beer on the island as well. Any experiences with Cerveceria Kusam or La Internacional Cerveceria? Sun and Mon weather looks craptastic, so we may hang out at a brew pub. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I would be interested as well, especially for dark beers; my favorite brew style is porter. Speaking of dark beers on Cozumel, the last time I was there I couldn't find any Leon Negra; does anybody here know wazzup with that?

La Internacional Cerveceria is pretty solid and a nice upstairs location. They do not serve food, but have some bar snack stuff and a good assortment of craft beers from all over Mexico. They have a beer menu broken out by the State in Mexico that the brewery is located. Complete with style of beer, ABV %, etc.

Agree that Punta Sur is a nice place. Their pizza and salads are super solid.

La Internacional Cerveceria is pretty solid and a nice upstairs location. They do not serve food, but have some bar snack stuff and a good assortment of craft beers from all over Mexico. They have a beer menu broken out by the State in Mexico that the brewery is located. Complete with style of beer, ABV %, etc.

Agree that Punta Sur is a nice place. Their pizza and salads are super solid.
A googling shows La Internacional Cerveceria to be at or near the building that used to house Margaritaville and before that the Acuario restaurant; is that where it is?

Dunno about locally produced craft beer, other than maybe Punta Sur, but one of my favorite meetup spots is Chela Nah (which I believe loosely translates to Beer House). Its a little place on the corner across the street from La Cocay. Last time I was there they had a great selection of bottled craft beers and plenty of Tequilas y Mezcals, Wines, etc. Great food too, w/ good service and a super-chill vibe.

Attachments

• Chela_Nah3.png
    Chela_Nah3.png
    690.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Chela_Nah2.png
    Chela_Nah2.png
    542.1 KB · Views: 57
A googling shows La Internacional Cerveceria to be at or near the building that used to house Margaritaville and before that the Acuario restaurant; is that where it is?
Yes-- It is not on the street level though. It is upstairs and the stairs. The stairs are just past Rock N Java. It is before Barracuda Hotel.

In addition to owning a dive center in Cozumel, I also own the Mundo Maya Brewing Co in Playa del Camren. You can find our IPA, Pineapple IPA, Vienna Lager, American Wheat, and Oatmeal stout in bottles at La Internacional. They also have our IPA on draft. Chela Nah has our IPA and Pineapple IPA. You can find us at many more locations such as Buccanos and resorts like El Presidente, too. I think we are in about 40 locations in Cozumel now, and growing.

We also have hard seltzer for those into that sort of thing haha.

Hey...as you said, weather here today is craptastic. If you would like to meet up at la Internacional, say the word. It is a two minute walk from my house. Maybe I could twist a couple of other arms also... @judydivescoz @Pelagicsal

Hey...as you said, weather here today is craptastic. If you would like to meet up at la Internacional, say the word. It is a two minute walk from my house. Maybe I could twist a couple of other arms also... @judydivescoz @Pelagicsal

Absolutely! I actually scheduled us for a massage this afternoon. Does 4 or 5 work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom