married couples where one dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are both divers but never ever together. I'm into scuba diving and she's into sky diving. She has major issues with water around her face and I just can't see the point in jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

She says that if I saw the airplanes I wouldn't say they were perfectly good.

My definition of a perfectly good airplane is--any airplane that is still flying or gliding.

I'm really lucky in that I now have several good friends that are my dive buddies.

:eek:ut: I would love it if my wife would dive with me but she
is pretty reluctant to try. She can snorkle so she should be able to SCUBA. She's just stubborn about not doing it. We're going to Coz in January so maybe in the warm clear water she might give it a try.

I've been diving now for 14years with my dad mostly. My girlfriend probably won't ever dive because of her fear off putting her face underwater. We went to the Bahamas last year and with a mask, snorkel, and a huge ORANGE LIFE VEST, she loved it. Now the next step is keep her snorkeling then scuba I hope! Either way I love it and will never stop!!! She has no problem with me doing it ( Good thing huh) :)
Plan your dive
Dive your plan

I was a single woman diver when I first did my OW certification. I didn't even know you needed to have a buddy, until I was already taking the classes.
So there I was certified, and didn't know a single other diver.
I started selling 'women only' dive trips to meet other women like myself. Soon men wanted to join. They said they didn't know anyone else to dive with either. (So they said) :wink:
We started to 'allow' men to come with. They had to pass the phone test first, of course.
One day I sold what seemed to be a 'cool man diver' a trip to Belize. I ended up marrying him. And yes, he is still cool. And my best dive buddy.

I would love to dive with my wife and she is willing. However, she suffered damage to her right ear drum when she was a child. She can't even get water in her ear. If there is anyone in this world that would love to be under the ocean, it's her.

Sever years ago on a trip to Hawaii, I convinced her to go snorkeling at Hanama bay. We got a wax ear plug at the drug store and a swimming cap. Together they keep the water out of her ear. She never leaves the surface. She was in heaven.

She has been snorkeling in Hawaii and Cayman Islands. She would go everyday if she could.

Hey, it seems I am the only person who prefers to leave love out of diving. I am really in love, but diving is something I prefer to do with other people, one reason is definitely that in the rare situations I do pleasure dives I really do not want to look after my buddy, I prefer to dive with somebody experienced. Second is that I am quite sure that he would not be as mad about diving as I am. And last but not least I think it is very important for a healthy relationship not to "assimilate", to keep your own life alive.

Well.........
I've been trying to get Phillip certified for a while now. He just won't get around to doing it.
I would love it if he would start diving with me!!!!!!!!!!:1st:

I got certified last dec. and in jan. I got aow, between my certs my wife got her ow cert. we also have a 2 1/2 year old and since I travel for work babysitters are hard to find or out of the question. so that usually means one of us dives while the the other watches the kid and also means we dont get to dive because finding dive buddies is a little harder to do when you dont know many people in the new areas we travel. looking forward to the day my wife can dive together.

:sharky:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom