married couples where one dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...a few of my kids have expressed interest. All are competent snorkelers, so when they are of certifiable age, I will certainly pay for their classes.

That should really make my wife nervous. :boom:

It was my suggestion however, my wife certified first, about a year ago. Not wanting to forego my last hunting season I waited until last January to certify. We have been diving regularly ever since. Diving is a wonderful relationship building activity. And you don't even have to talk! :D

.. is my wife, Donna. I really enjoy diving with her. It has taken some practice to be a better buddy for her. She insists on planning the dive and diving the plan. No excursions. Sometimes I like to do something different in the middle of a dive if I see an unique opportunity.

And, we are also both pilots, she is much more into flying than me, but I do love to fly. Donna is a CFII, ATP and is looking for a job flying for a living. It's nice to have your favorite buddy as your life partner as well. And the flight instruction is convenient and doesn't cost any money. I can't say it's cheap, it's not.

My wife DM's when I teach. We cave dive together, photograph fresh water fish and dive deep wrecks. She is a technical diver and gas blender. This weekend she was using ropes to haul her doubles up and down mountains (really big hills) in Kentucky to get to the sumps.

My hubby was certified at the university 16 years before I was. He had helped out with the university program as an AI for a number of years after he achieved that rating but he wasn't helping with classes when I certified.

He stopped by the class I was helping one day to see if my instructor would be interested in a trip to Lake Huron. My hubby set up the trip and I was one of the people who went, the rest is history.

I love diving with him, we've gotten most of the kinks worked out of our communication lines and now some people can't even tell we're communicating. The best part is it's the same way on land! I think diving has opened us to a deeper understanding and trust of one another than we would have achieved otherwise.

I'm glad he doesn't mind diving in cold water. We started diving dry last year and he LOVES that, I'm still trying to work out the kinks with my suit. He's so patient with me, he's just a great buddy and a wonderful person.
Ber :bunny:

david.tolan once bubbled...
My Wife (as of a week and a half ago) was my buddy on a weeks diving in the Red Sea. She is a Great buddy.

My dive buddy, who happens to be my best friend, my girlfriend and now my fiancee is the one who got me into diving. We enjoy diving together and go as often as it is possible. I do dive with others when I have the chance but my best times are when I am diving with her.

This summer we are hoping to get married underwater , probably in Florida.

It was her idea to take a warm holiday, since we were always skiing the mountains. In 1980 my first snorkel was on Grand Cayman, after that I knew I would dive. It took three years and me taking up underwater photography to get her to dive. There's noboby I'd rather dive with, although my two sons are certified. When our friends question the spending for a dive trip I always insist that it is much cheaper than getting a lawyer, it's something we both enjoy and plan to keep doing. We'll hit our 30th anniversary in June.

Happy Days,
Caymaniac :wink:

I wish my husband would... I would have gotten certified a lot sooner! He's going to try snorkeling when I do my OW, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he likes it!

actually I got certified together with my wife and we have been diving together eversince, I dont know any other dive buddy. I guess eventually it will happen when somebody cannot make it but right now we are enjoying it together which besides the activity also provides for another converstion topic.

I guess i am lucky, my wife is very sports oriented so the scuba diving issue was very easy to decide.

ivan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom