Marking jets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried a silver paint marker on my fins and it didn't work. Within a couple of dives the paint was smeared and just rubbed off. Haven't tried doing anything more.
Since some are saying to use a paint marker I wonder if some of the paints (metallic) aren't formulated like others and they simply rub off

There used to be an AquaSeal like paint that could be gotten in colors. It had a brush. I marked some of my equipment years and years ago and it is still there. In fact, the only way to remove it is to mechanically wear it off along with the rubber to which it was applied. N

I've used a grease pen, and a white paint pen - both work, but the paint pen has held up longer. You might also try tool dip (the colored rubber tool handle dip from the hardwre store) I have not tried it, but have considered it...

either way, Jets come new with a "waxy" surface on them that wears off with time (thus Jets look better with age) so the recommendation about cleaning the area first is a good idea.

Aloha, Tim

I have used small, colored cable ties at the spring strap ends. Yellow for mine, pink for the wife/buddy. So far so good with those.

I have found the cable tie markings to be easy to apply, durable, and functional for a wide assortment of gear.

Cheers,
W

I have 6 pair of Jet fins that I loan out, so I put my initials, a number 1-6 (one for each pair of fins) and my phone# on each pair...

I also use the zip tie markers. Colored zip ties can be put in combinations to further differentiate your gear from others that might have a similar idea.

[I have 6 pair of Jet fins that I loan out, so I put my initials, a number 1-6 (one for each pair of fins) and my phone# on each pair...]

But what do you mark them with ???
Happy Diving
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom