Marine Patrol!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla once bubbled...
Jenny got lucky to have a nice fella that gave her the low down. I noticed that he was wearing a Lt. bar and that probably helped with attitude.

Was he a shorter guy, blonde hair and a bushy moustache?

Marc

Nope. Kinda balding, Average height but definitely had a bushy moustache :wink: The again isn't that a requirement to work for FWC?

??? If you have to carry the license with you, I assume you have to carry a picture ID as well? If not how do they prove it is your license and not you buddies.. Do they make you get out of the water and 'de-gear' to get your height, weight eye color? That would tick me off a bit..

Dont they have a computer or a radio they can check it you with using your name and DOB?

By the way,, Will they really give you a ticket for carrying a tickle stick without a license? I carry one all the time just to poke things I dont like! (ha ha, just being serious..) :eek:ut:

By the way,, Will they really give you a ticket for carrying a tickle stick without a license? I carry one all the time just to poke things I dont like! (ha ha, just being serious..) :eek:ut: [/B]

Put a little level on it, tell them it helps you with vertigo that you sometimes experience underwater. :wink:

Do I have to Have a license I am 14? And where do you get a measuring stick?

Thanks!

Christopher-
Know Jesus-No Pain
No Jesus-Know Pain

Not sure if you need the permit cuz of your age, but I wouldn't be catching any lobsters until you fnd out if i were you, big fines, and maybe even loose your gear if you take bugs illegally. make sure you know the laaws before you go out, also, don't take bugs that are too short or have eggs.

The measuring stick usually comes with the tickle stick when you buy it, so check the local dive shops.

Another thing to watch out for is that you can get BUSTED for bugging [in FL] on anything that found its way to the bottom without a permit.
A couple guys in the lower Keys had all their gear & their boat snatched for bugging on a small boat that was sitting on the bottom.
Do I have to Have a license I am 14? And where do you get a measuring stick?
No license needed if you're under 16.
http://marinefisheries.org/license.htm
You need a lobster gauge, not a stick. Any dive shop will have them

Bob3 once bubbled...
Another thing to watch out for is that you can get BUSTED for bugging [in FL] on anything that found its way to the bottom without a permit.
A couple guys in the lower Keys had all their gear & their boat snatched for bugging on a small boat that was sitting on the bottom.

That just doesn't sound right. I mean, its a bottom feature right? I know people who've bought cyndinder block and built structure to go back to later.

NO harvesting of lobsters off of an artificial habitat... wrecks and artificial reefs would be included in this. How they would determine just where that bug came from beats me, but its right there in print.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom