Marine Creek Reservoir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey sounds like a shift of venue to me!

If you don’t mind company this might be an interesting dive.
What kind of depth do you get off the bridge?
I have recovered a few interesting things out of the San Marcos and this sounds a heck of alot closer :D .

Have you read this article? Three quarters of the way down under lake worth.
http://www.divetexas.com/dtx02002.htm

Later, Andrew

mdjh51:
I have dove Marine Creek Several times.

Max depth is about 15-18 feet. Visibility, on a good day, is about 5 feet.

There are no car wercks in Marine creek as we pull them out as quickly as they are dumped. However, if you are looking for an interesting place to go diving, dive along teh 820 bridge over Lake Worth. Visibility is poor, but you will be suprised at the amount of junk that people throw off the bridge. I have even found a couple of items of great interest to my colleagues in the Police department. After ballistics they sometimes even let us keep what we find!

Ben

MAx depth that I have found off the bridge was 18 feet, and that was when the lake was high. There is an 18 wheeler in the water. I have found ladders, televisions, weapons, and various other sundry items in the lake, but it IS diving by brail (1-2 foot usually, and I recommend cleaning with green soap or some other neoprene safe antibacterial soap after the dive).

We train along the bridge just because of all of the "garbage" that is there. One of our divers almost always finds a weapon of some sort. Last time it was a tec 9 machine psitol with the serial filed off and a sawed-off shotgun.

There is an F4 fighter jet in the lake as well as a B36 bomber. The F4 I believe is outside of the restricted area, but the B36 is just off the runway, so is not accessible to most. I dove it recently with some FBI guys. Just a big pile of rusted metal now, not very much excitement there.

There is also a lot of "junk" off the Jacksboro highway bridge, but not as much as the 820 bridge.

Access can be made at a boat launch and dock on the east side of the lake under the freeway. You access if off of Cahoba Trail. If you have a boat, take it to the mddle of the bridge span and dive there, as that is where most of the "stuff" is.

Ben

I'm up for junk diving, Andrew let me know when you want to check out that 820 bridge as I am about the same distance from it as you, I'd love to find where they dumped those slot machines too, any other diving info on lake worth? entrance/exits spots and such?

The 820 bridge dive sounds interesting,,,,,put me on the contact list a a go. I have a 2 seater Diveyak,,,,better yet we can 'repell' fully kitted from the bridge---I have exper. at that--lol

Guys please be careful if your swimming between the columns
that hold the bridge up. If a boats comming through there then
you have a very good chance to be in the shade while they are
in the sun and it's not easy to notice just a head sticking up
in the water where there normally isn't one with nothing else
around. If you have signal tube up that would be very easy to
see.
Man yall are crazy.

Sambo makes a good point. Either have a boat sitting between the pillars you are working between, or at the very least a large bouy with a dive flag. Also, it is a good idea to use a non-floating rope to help you mark your search area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom