Marine Creek Reservoir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a WAG but I can't see it being any deeper then CSSP
but I could be way off on that.
The finger on the south west side is where the ski club pratices,
they have a marked area where they are not allowed to go out of.
The rest of the lake is no wake.
Couple guys from work parked on the north east side and dove along
the dam. They said it was like 5 feet vis with lots of lures and fishing
line.
Yall are true "swampers"!
Just a thought but have yall ever though about a treasure hunt
at party cove on lake lewisville? If your gonna dive in muck might
as well see what you can find while your at it?

Do they have any more info, such as depth?

My main interest in this hole is its so close I could spit out my door and hit it

You guys are nuts!

I can't believe you're even thinking about diving this place! I'll bet the vis sucks as indicated by sambo!

Count me in :D

I was just out there, no hydrilla, and about 1.5 foot of vis is my guess, area is poplular with peopel who love to bust beer bottles thats for sure, I'm gonna check this hole out in a different time of year to see if the vis comes up any.

FIXXERVI6:
I was just out there, no hydrilla, and about 1.5 foot of vis is my guess, area is poplular with peopel who love to bust beer bottles thats for sure, I'm gonna check this hole out in a different time of year to see if the vis comes up any.

Well that sucks.............still want to go?

I'll hit it sometime but the water is down and doesn't look very nice, it has ear infection written on it, I'll keep an eye on it.

Talked to a girl at work who was in the ski club 6 years ago, she said it's spring fed
and about arms length vis. Also said they killed off all the hydrilla in their cove and
figure it killed off the rest in the lake.
Talked to a guy who dove it last summer and he said same about vis, "if you couldn't
touch your buddy, you couldn't see them". They stayed less then 20ft. and lots
of lures/line.
Neither of them could guess about depth.
The guy suggested the south end of benbrook, said it had a bit better vis (I wouldn't
think so but I wouldn't want to dive either one)

I vote for "No-go" and I'm trying to aggressively say yes; but still "No-Go". Just my two cents.

I have dove Marine Creek Several times.

Max depth is about 15-18 feet. Visibility, on a good day, is about 5 feet.

There are no car wercks in Marine creek as we pull them out as quickly as they are dumped. However, if you are looking for an interesting place to go diving, dive along teh 820 bridge over Lake Worth. Visibility is poor, but you will be suprised at the amount of junk that people throw off the bridge. I have even found a couple of items of great interest to my colleagues in the Police department. After ballistics they sometimes even let us keep what we find!

Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom