Mares Volo??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I absolutely love my Volos. I had the plana avantis and they were killing me on surface swims. I couldn't get my feet under the water. I have strong legs from running, swimming, ice skating, and horseback riding, and still very little luck. My mother and Jim's daughter had the same problem with them. I got the Volos and I can move relatively quickly (for me) and effortlessly through the water. I watched the sediment under me vs. Jim in the Avantis and they really seem to kick up a lot less silt. Getting the fins off can be a pain in the rear. They don't have vented foot pockets and the side locks are finger breakers if you aren't careful, but other than that I absolutely adore them.

Ishie

Ishie:
Ooh! That's good to know. Do the straps break easily?

Ishie
Well, I put lots of wear and tear on mine but it seems after a 100 dives or so (gosh maybe that is all there supposed to be good for!) they break, I always carry a couple xtra in case. Hi Ishie.

Switch the straps for springs..............

Boogie 711 makes excellent ones that fit Mares posts really well.

I've got sets for Myself and Mrs Mares's fins.

You will not regret it :D

His site seems to be down at the moment, Put "Boogie 711" into Google, it will be at the top of the first page.

Mr Mares:
Switch the straps for springs..............

Boogie 711 makes excellent ones that fit Mares posts really well.

I've got sets for Myself and Mrs Mares's fins.

You will not regret it :D

His site seems to be down at the moment, Put "Boogie 711" into Google, it will be at the top of the first page.

thanks, I'll check into it.

scubagirl15:
It's not the hinges that's coming apart...it's the inserts on the fin blade.

Happy to hear it doesn't really affect performance. And really, I'm not sure why it really would. My bf has a pair of Quattros that looked like he's tried to eat them for lunch, and they still work perfectly!

Apparently, I didn't word my post correctly. I didn't say that the problem with the Volos was the hinges, I said that perhaps the problem with the Volo inserts was similar to that of the Tiger fins hinges: a defect in the batch.

Regardless, you really should contact Mares about it.

Clearer now?

True, but Tigers and volos are built upon the same design (for those who don't know, mares and dacor belong to the same company), and eventhough I haven't seen a lot of tigers yet, I can imagine the wear and tear issue.

Has anyone had problems with the straps?
I dive in kelp and my old Mares Avanti get hung up easily. Now it is time to buy new fins and I don't want to give up the great swimming performance I've enjoyed from Mares, but do want to solve the footstrap entangling issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom