Mares v16 Proton XL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrottheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
any users of this reg out there and if so, what do you think?? checked it out on line and the reviews it gets seem to be really good...haven't yet had the chance to test one though...

njdiver95:
any users of this reg out there and if so, what do you think?? checked it out on line and the reviews it gets seem to be really good...haven't yet had the chance to test one though...

They are a very good regulator. Dive buddies and I have been using them for over three years now. The V16 uses the spherical core seal first stage, which can routinely go longer between service intervals than many regs on the market.

I use the polymer bodied second stage, and have never experienced any problems with it in waters as cold as 34 degrees. One of my friends is an ice diving instructor, and uses two of them on his doubles. He, too, has never had a free flow problem.

Greg

I have not used the second stage, but I know that the first stage is a great performer. They are good regs with all that they offer.

I have the regular proton and love it. I only dive on tropical waters so I dont need all the fancy cold water stuff.

Got it, use it, Love it...

I have a V16 Proton XL with a Proton safe second. I'm very happy with this rig. I do mostly warm water diving. Effortles breathing. I've had mine down to 30m. As stated above, the first stage has a good track recordd. The second stage is very rugged and light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom