Mares USA vs. Mares Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daiika

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is there different models of Regulators in the USA and Japan? I got a V16 from the US and need it overhauled in Tokyo. I asked one shop if they do Mares US regs and they said, no only Mares Japan regs. Then I aked another shop and the certified technician said, sure he can try.

This is the case for many brands here due to warranty issue. Not sure about Mares as we do not keep those.

First of all, you can get almost any regulator serviced here in Japan. The problem is the parts.

For Mares, there is a Japan warranty card that lets you get parts free of charge or at a lower price. The USA warranty is not valid here.

I second Nori-san's recommendation of OHC. We use them for some repairs/overhauls.

We can also assist in getting your regs serviced, send me a PM, we can get some quotations before servicing so that you know all the costs up front.

ok, thanks to all for the information. I will check with ohc.co.jp Now, back to diving!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom