Mares trade up program?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought my Dacor/Mares Pacer 2 regulator and BC about 3.5 years ago. The regulator has corrosion in the first stage plus I learned later this was a closeout model and major parts are no longer available. I'm of course very unhappy with a regulator failing so quickly and not being able to get parts. (See thread below as to why it is corroded.) I know some companies used to offer trade up or trade in programs. I was wondering if Mares has this or am I stuck? My LDS does have a 15% off trade in program, which is not much, but better than nothing. However, I'm very hesitant to buy another Mares after what has happened. If Mares can't help me I'm probably going to trade in the reg. for a Oceanic.

---------- Post Merged on October 22nd, 2012 at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous Post was on October 21st, 2012 at 07:18 AM ----------

Never mind, I just ordered a Sherwood regulator.

I own a Mares Icon mrs plus bcd, I bought it used but in as new condition, the bladder is toast and it is not the previous owner's fault.

In my opinion, the Mares icon has a manufacturing/design flaw in the bladder design. The plastic weld on the inner bladder is no good and will probably fail when you least expect it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom