Mares Ti Planet reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikefreekz

Contributor
Reaction score
hi there, anyone with feedback with regards to the performance of the Ti Planet as compare to the flagship Abyss??? worth the money?

It uses a spherical core seat - like the V16, V32, etc. The second stage is not all metal like the abyss... but the performance should be close. As far as worth the money - they were discontinued about 3 years ago... I bought a ton of them and was selling them for $499... so it's only about $50 more than an abyss - and you get Titanium. We no longer have those... maybe one kickig around, but we got in a boat load of the oceanic titanium regs now at sub 5 bills.

People ask me about Titanium all the time. I tell them - titanium is great. That reg will not corrode so it could last 1000 years. And the brass version... probably only 200. So it depends on 3 issues. 1, how far down the family tree to you want to pass it, 2 do you need the light weight because you are backpacking your gear into remote locals, and most importantly 3, will your friends be really impressed that you have a titanium reg.

Oh, I guess I could add 4. Are you a moron that drops your reg into rinse buckets without the dust cap on. In that case, the Oceanic DVT or Titanuim will help you out.

i'm using a MR12 Orbiter at the moment, looking to upgrade to a better 1st stage. lightweight would be a big plus point cause i do lug my gears around. I was looking for an Abyss initially but was kindda put off by the weight (damn freaking heavy if you ask me). The only reason that i asked is that there's a brand new set going for 225 (BIY) on ebay, thot that it's a good deal...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom