Mares Syncro Tech weight pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garyw90

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi there,
I bought a used Mares Syncro Tech BC today. Already tested it in the pool today and it is fine, and was in good condition. They gave me the integrated weight pockets for the BC, now I would just like to know the right kind of weights for this. Here is what the integrated weight system looks like:

Is the strap supposed to be used with hard weights? Is the nylon envelope where I can put the soft weights, and then cinch the cord tight around the strap and the insert? Thanks for any help with this!

Attachments

• IMG_5088.jpg
    IMG_5088.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 373
I just thread the strap in and out of hard weights. FYI, I highly recommend doing what I did - I added two pairs of velcro loops to the two lower corners of the "backplate". This let's me add trimweights, otherwise I found it tiring to relax at the surface with a reasonable amount of air in the bladder. The bladder is huge and if overfilled at the surface will tip you forward.

Back
Top Bottom