Mares Smart Wrist Computer vs Oceanic Geo 2.0 Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce Herold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Mares Smart Wrist Computer vs Oceanic Geo 2.0 Computer....

Does anyone have experience with and can offer comments (good and bad) concerning the above dive computers? Which would be best for basic recreational diving.

Bruce Herold

No experience with the Mares, but absolutely love the Geo 2.

Wrist unit, 2 gases, ability to go to 100% O2. Unless you are older with poor eye sight, the Geo 2 is a computer that can take you all the way up to beginner tech and then be used as a bottom timer.

You can get them very cheap on LeisurePro or wait for a sale online from other outlets.

Looking at the Mares computer, it seems very similar to the Geo. Few differences that make me lean Geo. Why does it go to 99% O2 and not 100% like the Geo. 2 buttons, no backlight like the Geo? Geo 2 has two algorithms you can choose from so you have the option of being more conservative and/or matching your algorithm to a buddies dive computer.

Feel free to PM me if you want more specifics or have any other questions.

Hi..

I recommend Mares Matrix for you. compare to Geo 2 it's more advance and suitable for beginner to experience diver. It's also worth for the money. When compare to Suunto D6, it's quite similar and Mares matrix more more cheaper. I recommend this dive comp because I have one that I always wear when I am diving. Before I bought my dive computer which is Mares matrix, I compared with Geo 2 and D6. mares matrix more similar to d6 and more cheaper. It's cost me almost same price as Geo 2... You can compare them on "dive computer wizard" website. I bought at dive shop here in Malaysia. you check this dive shop "Rainbow Runner" (Scuba Diving - Rainbow Runner) to check the price my dive comp I bought. :)

Don't know anything about the Mares. My Geo 2 has always worked as expected and never let me down. I'm not a features nerd, so can't comment on which does what and why. But I know what works for me.

I have the Mares Smart and love it. Don't believe everything you read about above. It does have a backlight and the Smart has 3 algorithyms to choose from. Definitely worth considering and I am glad I bought mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom