Mares ruby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirtydon

Reaction score
picking up a used reg mares ruby.parts availibpe for service?cold water use? nitrox?going to have fully serviced before use just looking for some info thanks dirtydon

Hi,
The Ruby is a good reg.......bought a slightly used one a few years ago on EBay..parts and service are readily available.....and I installed a Mares cold-water-kit as well, but I had to special order that as it's not something most people use so it wasn't a regular, normally stocked service part.

Karl

I would ask the shop to convert the first stage over to the new tri-material high pressure valve assembly. The Ruby used a gemstone for the hard seat, and it does last a very long time. The problem was that due to the hardness of the gem, it caused excessive wear on the soft seat.

The tri-material versions are simply great. I have installed them in all of my personal Mares regs, and have yet to experience any problems. The valves prior to the tri-material versions were lucky to last 100 hours.

As far as sevice goes, the service kits for the MR22 Abyss are used for the Ruby.

You got yourself a nice reg.

Greg Barlow

thanks for info .sending in for service and will take both advices.this is turning into a great forum.thanks for the help.dirtydon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom