Mares RGBM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I ran across this site:

www.rgbm.mares.com

While it certainly contains some advertising for Mares, the video's on the site actually helped me to better understand some of the more technical concepts regarding bubble formation. No, I do not claim to be an expert. At the moment the Mares RGBM computer is vaporware and is not shown on the site. The owner of the LDS where I shop did not know when it would be for sale.

Dear leadweight:

MARES Site

Thanks for bringing attention to the web site with the interesting graphics. While short, it will help some folks understand some aspects of the material.

Other Aspects

It should also be pointed out that the site is a commercial one and has as one objective, the [hopeful] sale of the manufactures product. I do not have any real problem with this since the site is clearly indicated as being prepared by MARES. Those of us who live immersed in a world of advertising realize that products will be presented in their most favorable light. You must read and analyze these things yourself to determine if all claims meet your requirements.

Light hearted Note

I did note that the material indicated that Dr Wienke was the foremost decompression theorist of this time. This is not true – I am. Equal time will also be given to the other foremost decompression theorists of the day such as Drs Richard Vann, Wayne Gerth, Srini Srinivason, Ed Thalmann, and Alf Brubakk. I hope that the others that I omitted must accept my apology.

This is only meant to be an example of “in the most favorable light.” Certainly MARES will provide Dr Wienke with deserved accolades.

Rest During the Surface Interval

For the regular diver, however, nothing will help you as much as preventing stress and strain to the musculoskeletal system. This will cut down on DCS is the gas loads are getting near the limit for you on that day.:doctor:

I am trying to find a way to patent rest and relaxation during the surface interval. Then I could make mucho bucks, retire, and go diving in Cozumel.

Dr Deco =-)

You can patent R&R, but I need a flameproof internet connection:)

Back
Top Bottom