Mares Revolution or Henderson Hyperstretch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jplacson

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Calling all tropical divers... anyone have experience with either of these 2 suits? I currently use a Henderson Tri-lam...and it's great... my only gripe with Henderson is...for the prices they charge...their stitching is VERY VERY VERY weak.

The materials are fine... they pick, and snag...but that's expected considering the materials used... but good grief... I never expected the seams to unravel after about 10 dives!!!!, and the chest area material tears quite easily as well...

How are Mares tropical suits (Samoa, Tropic & the Revolution)? I'd like to stray away from traditional neoprene stuff... mainly cuz I've never used it... I'm used to the ease of donning fleece/polartec suits... and I live in the Philippines so even during 'cold' conditions... a 3mm suit does just fine.

Should I just stick with the Tri-lams? Or the new Hyperstretch/Aqua-suede...or move to Mares? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom