Mares Raptor or Atomic Smoke on Water???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwobkk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm torn between these two fins. Can anyone who dives with them give me some feedback on them?

Atomic SOW are great fins. I would not use anything else. I tried a few different ones before I bought these and am glad that I spent the money. Also if the color is not as important as the performance, check out the clear/blue, red/blk, silver/blk. They will perform the same as the SOW and are quite a bit cheaper. Stay away from the other ones though, the materials are made of a different compound and I found that they did not perform as well

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at the Apollo Bio Fins as well but will probably stick with Atomic as I just bought a reg and octo inflator from them. Bpth seem great. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried both.

which reg did you go with. I have got a B2 and love it. I put over 200 dives on it in the first two years, it performed flawlessly. I just brought it in for service. Looking forward to another 200+ flawless dives.

I bought the Z2x and I'm very much looking forward to breathing on it in Cozumel next week. Need to get my splits before the trip.

I'm torn between these two fins. Can anyone who dives with them give me some feedback on them?

As someone who dives almost daily and has tried many styles and brands of splitfins, I would recommend not going with splits and get yourself some Mor-Fins instead. Way better performance and considerably less expensive and smaller to travel with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom