Mares Puck PC Cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is mine. Works perfectly with nemo wide.
View attachment 514417

I've got already a CP2102
s-l1600.jpg

I'm a bit confused with connection from your circuit is RXD, TXD, VCC, SUB, SUB|
i mean J1, J2 and J3, which drawing is which connection

Hi everyone,

As first thanks for schematic. I have made my interface acording to this schematic. My computer is Mares Puck Pro and interface works well with it. I have just few remarks.
First, If You want use Mares software for firmware upgrade or other stuff You cannot use any USB to serial converter. It must be supported by Mares software. I have used CP2102. For other discussed parts here I have used BAT42 diode and NXP 74HC132D.
One notice. I have made my Puck stuck few times in computer mode with no answer to button press. To solve this I have found out that best is to connect interface to USB then start Mares software and only when software asks to set Puck in PC mode then do it.
My PCB is created in eagle 5 if someone wants it.
View attachment 396654View attachment 396655View attachment 396656View attachment 396657

Fantastic board! Could you please share PCB and if possible share the information where have you ordered them? Do you have an experience with ordering a board with all elements soldered?

hello
i raise an old post. But it seems very nice.
on my side i would like to know, if someone use a rasperry for download dives.
BR
sorry for my english, i m french!!!

hello
i raise an old post. But it seems very nice.
on my side i would like to know, if someone use a rasperry for download dives.

Subsurface has a raspi build, installs via snap, so if subsurface supports mares, and raspi sees the usb-serial port, it should all work.

At some point, I started a side project to use a headless version of Subsurface on a Raspberry Pi to download dives from dive computers and upload those to the Subsurface cloud. The command line version of Subsurface exists, what is missing (due to time constraints) is some Sort of user interface for it (a single button press?). If anybody is interested in working on this I can share what I have.

hello
thanks for all
but un fact, i built a simple interface.
i m a litle troubled because i dont find the right number, a lot of package of 100!! resitance, capacitor and an expensive amount of ship
do you know another website. i use aliexpress
BR

At some point, I started a side project to use a headless version of Subsurface on a Raspberry Pi to download dives from dive computers and upload those to the Subsurface cloud. The command line version of Subsurface exists, what is missing (due to time constraints) is some Sort of user interface for it (a single button press?). If anybody is interested in working on this I can share what I have.
This project got pushed a bit further. For people not afraid to install a Raspberry Pi and build Subsurface from sources, there is something available for initial testing: Subsurface-downloader

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom