Mares Puck PC Cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,
this project is still hot since it starts, good job!

I tried to use this interface with a Nemo Wide, but it doesn't work, I've got many and many problems, all solved, but Nemo do not answer.

Before telling about my still existing problem, I'd like to note that Dive Organizer work ONLY with CP210x adapter and some adapter sold as CP210x aren't it (I found, for example, an FTDI and a CH340 sold as CP210x). Finally, I've found a CP210x embedded in a RC radio controller cable and I've used it. Due the poor quality of serial output, impedence was too high to drive the diode, I've used two of 4 Nand port of 74CH132 as buffer for TX pin. It works fine.

Other problem, I wasn't able to find the BAT42 diode, I've replaced it with a BAY72.

Now my interface seems to works fine, signal is regular present on NEMO pins, but NEMO do not answer. Can you confirm that this interface works with Nemo Wide? Is there someone able to post a screenshot of waveform of signal on the NEMO pins, so I' can check if voltage levels are OK? Root cause can be the BAY72 used instead BAT42?

Thanks all

Carlo

Yes. I confirm that. Unfortunately I cant show you oscilogram, because I sold out my Nemo Wide a few years ago. Now I dive with Icon HD.
Ok. I've ordered a BAT42 on Aliexpress, it is not available in my preferred shop, wishing it is the root cause of failure.

Hi all,
this project is still hot since it starts, good job!

I tried to use this interface with a Nemo Wide, but it doesn't work, I've got many and many problems, all solved, but Nemo do not answer.

Before telling about my still existing problem, I'd like to note that Dive Organizer work ONLY with CP210x adapter and some adapter sold as CP210x aren't it (I found, for example, an FTDI and a CH340 sold as CP210x). Finally, I've found a CP210x embedded in a RC radio controller cable and I've used it. Due the poor quality of serial output, impedence was too high to drive the diode, I've used two of 4 Nand port of 74CH132 as buffer for TX pin. It works fine.

Other problem, I wasn't able to find the BAT42 diode, I've replaced it with a BAY72.

Now my interface seems to works fine, signal is regular present on NEMO pins, but NEMO do not answer. Can you confirm that this interface works with Nemo Wide? Is there someone able to post a screenshot of waveform of signal on the NEMO pins, so I' can check if voltage levels are OK? Root cause can be the BAY72 used instead BAT42?

Thanks all

Carlo
I confirm that it works with a Nemo Wide. Unfortunately, I don´t have an osciloscope to send the wave form to you.

Hi There,
I need a little Help with my Mares Puck Interface.
I bulid the Interface like this tutorial:
but my Puck didn't connect to the dive Organizer.
Can anybody give me a help to build the interface?

THX
Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom