Mares Proton Ice vs. Aqua Lung Legend Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRon once bubbled...

Actually the key difference between the Supreme and the standard Legend (LX) is that the 1st stage is environmentally sealed. This makes it suited for cold water diving.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Actually, this is incorrect.

Both Legend LX's are environmentally sealed. The LX Supreme is just tuned DOWN to pass European cold water standards, and it has a lip shield on the mouthpiece. ANd it has a silver ring instead of the gold on the LX.

My point was that the difference between the Supreme and the "standard" is not just esthetical (the titanium ring vs. the gold colored one) and the lip-shield (a $4 option).

Lubold is correct that both are environmentally sealed and that the better cold water performance of the Supreme is achieved by internal adjustments.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

As of 4-1-2004 there is a $100.00 instant refund on the excellent legend series......take your pick....ask the dealer 4 the coupon as he may not let you know!!!!! I have 1 if U need a file of what it looks like...E -me.

Lubold is correct that both are environmentally sealed and that the better cold water performance of the Supreme is achieved by internal adjustments.
:snorkel:ScubaRon[/QUOTE]

I have the aqua lung legend and it is a real good easy breather I also live in michigan where cold water diving is the norm and have no problems with it. I rented quite a few before I bought this one and nothing breathed as well as this one. Last time I dove my buddy wanted to practice buddy breathing since I have an air II as a back up I gave him my main reg he couldnt believe how good it breathed. Like someone else said in one the the post try some before you buy your opionion may differ from someone else.

Go with Mares---hands down better!

I love my legend. What an easy breathing reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom