Mares Proton Ice + V32. Environmentally Sealed? Convert Yoke to DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reg Braithwaite

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought a set of Mares regulators two seasons ago. I have a V32 first stage, Proton Ice second stage, and Proton Octopus. Looking at Mares' web site, it seems like everything has shuffled around since they made these exact models.

My first question is whether the Proton Ice needs a Cold Water Kit for ice diving or whether that is built in.

My second question concerns the fitting. The V32 first stage has a yoke fitting, but I would like to buy my own tanks and go 300 bar DIN. Can it be converted to a DIN fitting?

Thanks in advance...

Hey Reg,

Call Jessica or Norbert at Aqua Sub Scuba Diving Center (905-883-3483 or toll free 1-877-483-3483).

Their shop is located in Richmond Hill, Ontario (on Bayview Avenue, between Major MacKenzie and Elgin Mills).

They are authorized Mares' dealers, and have the DIN conversion kit you are looking for in stock. Converting your reg from yoke to DIN wouldn't take much time.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Reg, your regulator is already sealed, no kit is needed. As far as the DIN adapter is concerned, buy where you will, for comparison it is less than $30 US on the web.

I have a half dozen of them around from some work we did a few years ago. If it's not a screaming emergency (in which case go buy it) I'll see if I can find one for you, free ... but remember at least 3 days to find and a couple of weeks for the mail, nothing happens fast in Hawai'i except birth and death.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom