Mares Power Plana - Hollis F1 - Scuba Pro Jet - Aqualung Rocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, did a couple of dives today with the new s size Mares Power Planas. Really like them, most importantly they fit perfectly. Added one of the extenders to each strap and was good to go. Able to do all kicks, easy to generate power when required. I have bought my last drysuit fin. So anyone with small feet and looking for some heavyish rubber fins I'd highly recommend the Power Planas. Hollis F1s were too big, L size jets too small and XL jets too big. The Power Planas in small, perfect. For comparisons sake, I am a 6.5 US, wear a Santi 2.5mm flex sole boots in a medium (8), with two pairs of socks one medium wool and one heavy weight the small Power Planas fit perfectly, no lateral movement at all. Cheers.

Great to know that size S really exists. Wondering if you are having a tight fit or perfect fit with the size S? Cos I'm wearing a 5mm size 8 boot without socks, and thinking about whether I should get a S or R plana. Much thanks for your advise!!

The fit is perfect. With a real size 8 in a 5mm you might be right on the cusp of S and Reg, I tried the regular and there was lateral movement of about 1cm side to side. Not sure if it's possible but being so close to both sizes I'd try on first or at least buy from a store that has a return policy. Where are you located? If I'd had to guess I'd say S is likely ok, but of course that's just a guess.

The fit is perfect. With a real size 8 in a 5mm you might be right on the cusp of S and Reg, I tried the regular and there was lateral movement of about 1cm side to side. Not sure if it's possible but being so close to both sizes I'd try on first or at least buy from a store that has a return policy. Where are you located? If I'd had to guess I'd say S is likely ok, but of course that's just a guess.

Thanks again for your advise. In that case I guess I will give size S a try, hate to have loosen fins.

I'm currently in Hong Kong, and it seems no store stocks Power Plana fins, so I guess I can't have it tried before buying it.
I think I will purchase it online, may be on leisure pro. Hope the size is right, shipping to Hong Kong aren't cheap :/

I hear you, shipping is a killer. Freight will no doubt run you around a $100. Freight is probably cheaper from Japan but fins are more expensive, mine cost ¥22,000 around $180USD.

I hear you, shipping is a killer. Freight will no doubt run you around a $100. Freight is probably cheaper from Japan but fins are more expensive, mine cost ¥22,000 around $180USD.

Any online store recommended? especially Japanese one? :blinking::blinking::blinking:

Mic 21, a great store but am unsure if they ship internationally. I'll check for you and post back in the next day or so. But even if they do price will be almost the same if you bought from the US, maybe slightly cheaper via the US.

---------- Post added March 12th, 2015 at 07:22 AM ----------

I don't mind getting them for you but of course if wrong size return could be problematic. Generally in Japan right of return is 7 days but can vary greatly shop to shop.

I got my Mares Power Plana a little over a week ago, did one dive with them, I ordered the "Regular size" and they fit perfect, they are a bit stiff but I dived for an hour and did have some tired legs, I was looking for some heavy fins to help my trim, and this one just make my trim perfect since I'm Bud Light, specially when the tanks is at 1/3 or lower.

Did not notice speed difference between this fin and my Cressi Frog Plus, I will ask my buddy to film me to see where I can make corrections on my leg strokes/kicks if needed.

I well say they have the most superior strap from all brands, this is sturdy and very well designed.

Overall I'm satisfied with this fins

I find Fog kicking to generate most power. For me they are too stiff and heavy to flutter kick for any distance. New fins often take a bit of getting use to.

Back
Top Bottom