Mares Plana Turbo in white-Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi there,

I'm trying to buy some small white Plana Turbo fins here in Japan. Most shops have no idea what I'm talking about even after I show them pictures from Mares Japan's website who show them as available.

Can you please advise if these fins are available or not.

Cheers.

Hi there. The fins do exist. However you will only be able to find them in the Japan market place. They are specifically designed and sold in Asia. I hope this helps.

Zak

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any leads? All Mares dealers I've contacted in the Tokyo region, I live just outside Tokyo, either have no idea what I'm talking about or say as of 2014 only black are available. I'm drawing a blank over here. On Mares Japsn site it lists white, red and black but the 2014 catalogue only shows black. Cheers.

---------- Post added February 10th, 2014 at 11:53 AM ----------

I've tried yahoo Japan, Rakuten and numerous shops/dealers.

---------- Post added February 10th, 2014 at 11:56 AM ----------

I'm offering a reward to anyone who can help me source a white pair in small:D

Hi Zak, I'm still not having luck finding these fins. I'd like to know if this is a holy grail or is actually possible. Is there anyway you can contact Mares Japan and find out actual availability of white. Cheers.

Zak, apparently red and white are no longer made. It seems no one at Mares actually knows what's going on. You say yes, Mares Japan site says yes but a Tokyo dealer says no.

Mares Japan would know better. I am not involved in any way with product planning for Japan. It could be that they've made a decision to not produce in certain colors due to lack of demand. These decisions could come after a catalog is printed etc.. I thought they were still making the fin, I just can't speak to the colors. However if Mares Japan says no, they would be correct as it's their specific product to start with. Sorry for the confusion.

Zak

Mares Japan would know better. I am not involved in any way with product planning for Japan. It could be that they've made a decision to not produce in certain colors due to lack of demand. These decisions could come after a catalog is printed etc.. I thought they were still making the fin, I just can't speak to the colors. However if Mares Japan says no, they would be correct as it's their specific product to start with. Sorry for the confusion.

Zak

Cheers Zak. It's very confusing, Japan Mares website says available, 2013 catalogue says available but Tokyo dealer rang them up on my behalf and was told they are no longer available. Black is still being produced. It's a shame as they are nice fins, I bought some black ones, but wanted white for those low viz days. I'll keep my eye out a pair might pop up.

You know another option in white is the Quattro + fin in white. This is another fantastic fin, while not 100% rubber, it's got all the juice most will require. Avanti quattro + - Open Heel - Mares

Have a great day.

Zak

You know another option in white is the Quattro + fin in white. This is another fantastic fin, while not 100% rubber, it's got all the juice most will require. Avanti quattro + - Open Heel - Mares

Have a great day.

Zak

Great minds and all that, that's exactly the fin I'm currently looking at but over here they are over $200. So am trying to source some from elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom