Mares Plana Avanti Quattro or TUSA Platina Plus SF5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjgoh

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone tried TUSA Platina Plus SF5 fin? I need to get a new pair of fins for my wife. I've been using Mares Plana Avanti Quatrro for many years, so i am incline to get the same fin for my wife. But someone at the LDS recommended this TUSA fin. Wanna get some feedback from TUSA Platina Plus SF5 fin owner. Thanks.

yup, stick with the avanti quattros.. girlfriend loves it when she's finning against strong currents.. but some shorter divers may find them physically a bit too lengthy, tho i say dont let the looks affect ur buying decision, go for performance & reliability underwater. Sorry i know u're looking for feedback from Tusa users and i've never used Tusa fins before so my opinion is kinda 1-sided. Am pretty sure u'll get Tusa users coming in this thread real soon.. happy shopping

Hey Guys, thanks for the info.

ddavid:
yup, stick with the avanti quattros.. girlfriend loves it when she's finning against strong currents.. but some shorter divers may find them physically a bit too lengthy, tho i say dont let the looks affect ur buying decision, go for performance & reliability underwater. Sorry i know u're looking for feedback from Tusa users and i've never used Tusa fins before so my opinion is kinda 1-sided. Am pretty sure u'll get Tusa users coming in this thread real soon.. happy shopping

Hi david, i notice u are from Singapore. I do my equipment shopping at Singapore as well. I go to "Paris", a shop at Lucky Plaza. I think their price are pretty okay. Any other place u can recommend to me?

Btw, do u know how much is Avanti Q now in Singapore? thanks.

menemsha43:
Just got rid of my Volos for a pair of Quattros - love them.

U mean Quatrros better than Volo?

Back
Top Bottom