MARES NEMO WIDE2 setup problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
[PROBLEM SOLVED]

I had my coffee, and I'm still baffled. I just received what the box clearly says is a NEMO WIDE2 dive computer, with a "27/16" printed on the box making me think it was built in week 27 of 2016, but the manual in the box (which matches the online manual, which is far easier to read) does not match the displays on the computer!

For instance, the computer will go into modes: 1-Dive 2-Time
but the manual shows it should be saying 1-Dive 2-Watchset

and the "watchset" submenus for brightness and contrast, etc. are not there.

The manual also shows the date with LETTERS for the month. Mine doesn't, it just shows numbers.

So it makes me wonder, just wtf the problem is here? I hate to think the computer shipped with a version of software that doesn't match the manual, I had no intention of getting the programming cable and getting involved with that right now.

Anyone familiar with this computer? Mares has no phone number, of course, so I've emailed them (zzzz) and called the vendor, who is going to get back to me on it. Sometime. Maybe.

These are the things that have kept me on the tables all these years....(sigh)

[AND THE SOLUTION WAS]
Mares does have a US phone number--buried in the tiny text in the back of the warranty section only/ TINY manual, very hard to read. But their support responded very quickly to an email, and quickly figured out that my NEMO is a WIDE2, that's not printed on the computer but the two horizontal lines on the display show that.
And, for some reason...the printed manual in the current boxes, reflects the old firmware (1.0) not the new current firmware which ships on the computers. The manuals for both are still online, both titled for the "MARES WIDE" without indication of the firmware level, so the online PDF I had found was matching the manual shipped in the box--which is for the old product.

Don't come near my dive tables, I'm not taking any chance on losing them.

Last edited:
Don't have one but, the manual is probably for the newer model Nemo.
Newer model evolved to the Quad (which I have).
See below
20180503_162650.jpg

Tnx but as stated: Problem solved, the manual in the box is the OLD manual, OLD firmware instructions.
The product is the NEW firmware, requires the NEW manual to be downloaded from their web site. Which has the new and old manuals both still under the same PDF name apparently, so you have to drill down through menus and can't depend on a web search finding the correct one.

In those two pictures, the TOP picture, which is identified only as "NEMO WIDE" is in fact the NEMO WIDE2, confirmed by the "TWO" horizontal lines on the main display. The lower photo appears to be of the older (not Mark2) unit, despite saying "2" in the caption.

Back
Top Bottom