Mares Nemo Wide Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

messenone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking at a Mares Nemo Wide on an online store at a very reasonable price.
( 300 Euro - Is this a reasonable price? Is there something else at around that price that beats Nemo wide? I ve seen a lot of products but since I didnt buy any diving comps before, they all look nice :acclaim: )

What "worries" me is that its probably an old product? Is it?
Should I be worried that it is an older model?
Should I be looking for a newer model ?
Will mares keep supporting a model like that?

I read on another thread that are upgrades out for this product that allow you to use it as a 2 gas computer. This is a good sign that the compant is still aware of this product out there and what is lacking.

I like Mares as a brand eventhough I am fairly new to the sport but hey I have come to like their diving equipment since I was trained using their brand and I trust them since my instructor uses a lot of their products.

Thanks for you time everyone

Feels nice to be part of this forum!

I've been using a Nemo Wide since they first came out and love it. The big screen is easy on "old" eyes and has lots of information on it. Operating it is almost totally intuitive.

I don't know if it is being discontinued - check the Mares Forum for that - but Mares has supported their computers even after they have discontinued them with software and firmware updates. It was just a couple of months ago that they upgraded the Nemo Wide so it worked as a 2 gas computer.

I can highly recommend the computer based on my experience.

I've had my Nemo Wide since April 2008 and done over 180+ dives on it without any issues. I have not kept up with any updates or if it's been discontinued by Mares. I was not aware of the new program that may allow the Nemo Wide to become a two gas computer so thanks for your post.

Btw, Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Thanks both of you for your replies!

I am now a little more confident that I am going for the best bargain out there based on my experience level and needs.

I ll let you know as soon as I buy this or some other product and how it "handles".

Thank you for the welcome Sam!!!

Be sure to check out the Mares web site download section. The Nemo Wide is now a THREE GAS computer! Woo Hoo!!!! I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Back
Top Bottom