Mares Nemo upload problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

50psi?!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Previously, successfully uploaded 19 dives w/o any problem. Attempt to upload additional dives results in "sync error reading from serial port" message. My computer "sees/recognizes" the i.r.i.s software and port. Much web surfing, zero help. Any suggestions. Thanks from Arizona!

No. I hit the download command on the logbook page, hit the PC command on Nem, and after several minutes of nothing, I get the error message...

Any changes to your PC? New applications, service pack, etc?

My problem was solved with making sure that I had the stupid computer EXACTLY as in the picture when you are downloading. Also, if there is a light source shining in that area, it may cause conflicts.

Nice pictures of Turks and Cacaos by the way. No major computer changes, triple checked applications, even measured with a ruler to check distance accuracy as indicated in photo. I'll try again with less room lighting...

Thanks, I had a really good time there and would love to get back.

Do you have a second computer you can give this a try on?

No I don't but that's a great idea. If that doesn't work I can always throw the thing through the window...

I fought with mine for weeks, could never get it to work. Finally I took it into my local Mares shop, and he tested it on his machine. It worked fine. We then checked every bit of configuration, made sure everything was aligned correctly, waved the dead chicken counterclockwise twice :wink: and presto, it worked on my laptop.

I am good to go :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom