Mares Nemo Sport strap extension

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jacky Boy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi. I've been looking for a watch strap extension for the Mares Nemo Sport. I haven't been able to find one however I have found a lot of reviews which list a strap extension as included in the box.

My box never included a strap extension. Was this a mistake or did they stop being included at some point?

Cheers,

Jack.

Hi Jack,

I do not recall the Nemo Sport coming with a strap extension. If it did, I am quite sure it does not now. An authorized Mares dealer can order an extender for you if they do not have in stock. Here is the part # 44200611 NEMO SPORT STRAP EXTENSION. I see you are in EU, which is out of my area of responsibility so I cannot tell you what is normal inventory for a dealer, but most do not stock this and will have to order.

I hope this helps and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Best regards,

Zak

Thanks Zak that is helpful. They must have at some point because several separate reviews comment that a strap extension is included.

My Nemo Sport (purchased June, 2010) also did not come with a strap extension. I asked about this at the time of purchase, because I realized that strap might be tight with a thick wetsuit, and was told that extensions are available.

I made one myself, using a replacement strap for a Casio G-Shock watch. Just take the side of the strap with the buckle, and cut it off short of the end where the spring bar would normally be inserted to attach the strap to the watch. Buckle the Nemo Sport buckle onto that cut end, then use the buckle on the extension to buckle into the other side of the Nemo Sport strap. Works like a charm!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom