Mares Nemo Sport ascent alarm too sensitive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KateAus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My Nemo sport computer is rediculously sensitive.:depressed: It beeps when I raise my hand to clear my mask or deflate my BCD. After about a year of this, with some simple tests I know it is not me!

My partner has a nemo excel, if I asscend slower than him I still get an asscend violation. As an experiment, I held the BCD of another diver with a sunto computer, he didn't get a single warning to slow down yet mine beeped like crazy

I just spoke to my local Mares dealer here in Singapore and they have told me I need to pay to courier the watch back to Italy for warranty service - surely not!

Is there a way to change the sensitivity (the manual is not the clearest - the Nemo excel is much better). Surely the warranty does not stipulate that I must pay to send it back. We own Mares regs, BCDs (which we love) and I'm none too impressed to hear this.

Please help - other divers want to strangle me and my computer and I'm so frustrated I'm ready to throw it away!

No answer, but I sympathize. I have a Mares M2 that is also ultra-sensitive on the ascent. It is actually very embarrassing when diving with unfamiliar folks!

Yes it would have been nice to hear back from Mares. The embarassment is rediculous and it is becoming dangerous as I am now starting to ignore the warnings. Guess I'll be buying a Sunto.

Kate, my M2 is also sensitive, but not rediculously. It will beep if I raise my hand rapidly, but if done in a normal fashion...

I see you have not received a reply from the mares reps, they can be busy at times. Why don,t you shoot Phil Mintz or Zak Ohara a PM about this. I'm sure they,ll get back to you as soon as they can. They are really great guys and very helpfull!!

Cheers!:coffee:

Yes it would have been nice to hear back from Mares. The embarassment is rediculous and it is becoming dangerous as I am now starting to ignore the warnings. Guess I'll be buying a Sunto.

Not sure if this was ever settled. Here is the solution.

I got a Nemo Sport and have dove 3-times with it so far and agree the ascent alert is way over sensitive.

However, you can disable the beeping. Its on page 46 of the manual:

- Go to the "dive plan screen" -> that's the screen where mine says 30ft & 200 No. deco. Press the lower left button a few times to get to this screen.
- Hold BOTH right side buttons for about 15 seconds. It will beep once; disabled! :)
- To re-enable it, do same process and after 15 seconds the "slow" icon will flash once.

Problem solved. Very happy with this computer. That was the only issue so far, but now solved.

M.

Hi Roombaguy, thanks for the advice but unfortunately this doesn't really solve the problem. I want to know if I am assending too fast or exceeded my dive time (hopefully never) so turning the alarm off is not an option. Unfortunately I have not heard from Mares and now my bf Nemo excel is also playing up - Will display an almost flat battery and a few hours later be OK again, only a year old!

The alert disabling I describe above is only for the ascent warning, nothing else!

From all the rental watches I have used (and that never had the audible alert) and this one, not having the alert does not bother me at all. When ascending I frequently look at it, so the audible alarm is not that useful for me.

All-in-all, very happy with this dice computer. especially like the compact size

Good luck

M.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom