Mares Nemo Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To activate the backlight on the Nemo Excel, simply press the top button for apprx 3-4 sec. Backlight will activate for a finite period of time.

Best regards,

Howzit, I'm looking at purchasing the nemo excel, but would like to know if it is possible to adjust the ppO2%. If so what is its range and in what increments can it be adjusted.
Thanks

Hi,
The PPO2 levels can be adjusted from 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6.

It's a great watch / computer, I'm sure you'll like it!

Best,

Phil,

You were nice enough to help me get a replacement wrist band and now my Nemo has started to lose the far right side of the display with the numerals missing a portion as if someone started to erase them. I bought my Nemo online and would rather hand deliver it to a service center in the New York area. What can I do?

Tom Cascione
tcascione@aol.com

Tom,

Our service center is in Maryland, you can have a dealer call for an RA and ship it back, or you can call our CS department, they can instruct you on how to send it in on your own.
203-855 8666

Make sure you have your receipt for warranty claims.

Regards,

Phil

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone had any issues with their Excels flooding? I'm an instructor and did about 170 dives on it so assumed the battery was dying when the screen res started to go. Took it in to a Mares dealer in KL to have the battery changed and they say it's flooded and when they went to change battery they noticed the screws were loose. I know for a fact I didn't touch the screws, I don't even own a screwdriver! :confused: Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

Let me start by saying how much I like my Nemo EXCEL. Great computer, easy to read, and good looking! I have logged around 50 dives with so far. Soon after my first dive trip with the EXCEL I bought the IRIS download device. I loaded the software on a Windows XP 32 machine, adjusted the com ports and it worked perfect. I upgraded to a Vista 32 machine around a year ago and ran into problems. Thanks to Scuba Board I found a Beta program from Mares that got things running. Last night I tried to download data from my most recent trip and I get the error code L = '41'. I have downloaded the IRIS 2.4 software and installed it but no luck after 2 frustrating hours. What am I doing wrong? Any guidance would be appreciated!!

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone had any issues with their Excels flooding? I'm an instructor and did about 170 dives on it so assumed the battery was dying when the screen res started to go. Took it in to a Mares dealer in KL to have the battery changed and they say it's flooded and when they went to change battery they noticed the screws were loose. I know for a fact I didn't touch the screws, I don't even own a screwdriver! :confused: Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

Anything Mechanical can fail, including something as simple as a screw! Or they could simply be mistaken too! So what the heck am I saying? Well; If you are a loyal customer it would seem to me that your shop wouldn't want to risk questioning your integrity and/or loosing you as a customer. I think they would try and work something out if you are willing to compromise a little. I actually had a "Nemo-sport" flood on me and to the best of my knowledge there aren't any screws in that model. Anyway, my shop actually replaced the "sport" watch with the "Excel" I currently own for a very small difference in price ( compared to the retail difference) after some haggling and cajoling. Since, it's been my experience that MARES, themselves tend to be very reasonable with their dealers when it comes to situations like yours it shouldn't be too tough for them to help keep you a satisfied customer (so long as your able to be flexible).

Hi Phil or Zak, Can I call Mares customer service and have the battery replacement instructions emailed or snail mailed to me? My computer is out of warranty, and I would like to know how to properly change the battery myself. If not can you tell me what the cost is to send it back to Mares to have the battery replaced? The service centers around me (FL 34982) want way too much money to replace a $3 battery. Thanks!

Hi,

2 days ago i bought the Nemo Excel computer, took it home opened the box, and started checking it out.

I found out that when I turn on the light ( by holding the + button), a black circular spot on the bottom of the screen shows, so i decided to return it.

There, i explained my problem, so he decided to open another Nemo Excel computer box, only to find out that the other watch had the same problem.

Anyone had that problem? what should i do?

Forgot to mention, i bought it from Qatar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom