Mares Nemo - any experience or feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toni_al

Reaction score
I note on the Mares internet site the availability of their new divecomputer, the NEMO.

Has anybody tried this new dive computer?

I am researching the market for a divecomputer (must have user replaceable batteries and latest in algorithms i.e. RGMB) which narrows the field down to SUUNTO and Mares - any advice.

Technically, the Suunto algorithm isn't a true RGBM like the Mares. Use the search function at the top of the page and you'll find more than you probably cared to read (use 'Suunto RGBM' as keywords). I don't know if you are absolute on the RGBM or not, but the Oceanic Atom will be a really nice divewatch/computer when it comes out in the spring. It is an AI wireless watch-sized computer capable of using up to 3 gases via separate wireless transmitters. Gauge, nitrox to 50% and air are supported modes. Here's the info:

http://www.oceanicww.com/Product.cfm?PL=comp&SL=atom

Unfortunatley I don't think that Oceanic uses a RGBM algotithym for it's calculations. There is no mention of that on the page you referenced.

The instructions for a Versa Pro I had said thier algorithym was based on dives to 90 feet. Below that it seems to be based on Navy tables with some conservatism added.

Rice once bubbled...
Unfortunatley I don't think that Oceanic uses a RGBM algotithym for it's calculations. There is no mention of that on the page you referenced.

The instructions for a Versa Pro I had said thier algorithym was based on dives to 90 feet. Below that it seems to be based on Navy tables with some conservatism added.

Yep. It's not an RGBM, modified or otherwise.. That's why I said 'I don't know if you are absolute on the RGBM or not, but...'. Guess I should have spelled it out specifically or used some boldface for you? :)

I believe that the Oceanic is a a modified Haldanian model.

Unfortunately, if you haven't already ordered your Nemo (in the US at least) you have exactly zero chance of getting one before March 2004.

Todd

toni_al once bubbled...
I note on the Mares internet site the availability of their new divecomputer, the NEMO.

Has anybody tried this new dive computer?

I actually had some problems finding Nemo.....lol...

Sorry...couldn't resist....:D

Washy once bubbled...

Eh?

For all you members who are not used to American abbreviations, that stands for:

Rolling on the floor, laughing my a$$ off. :wacko:

Hey Guys,

I was wondering, I am looking for a new wrist dive computer and I read about the new Mares Nemo. Looks good and seems to have good specs.
Can anyone tell me more.

Thanks a lot,

Capi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom