Mares Nemo Air Firmware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yowie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi
I was wondering if there an any plans to bring out a firmware update for the Nemo Air? I am a new owner and it seems to be far to conservative compared to my wifes Oceanic and the Oceanic i'm used to using?
Regards
Phil

Phil,
I'll respond into detail on Monday. I'm travelling this week, so I'm just trying to respond to the inquiries if simple.

Thanks

Zak

Mares computers are always more conservative than Oceanic's.

They use an algorithm (RGBM) that is more conservative than the Buhlman model used by the Pelagic (Oceanic, Aeris, etc) computers.

No firmware update will change that.

I relise that the Mares use the Wienke model but they use there own version and from what little experence i've had with it, it is more conservative than others using the same RGBM model like Sunnto? I was just asking as i'm having to cut our dives way short. I know i can just buy another computer, but it is alot of money to spend where a firmware upgrade with the option of how conservative you wish to dive would be great. If the Oceanic was to liberial then we would be hearing of people getting into trouble with it, which we don't.
Phil

Hi Phil,

At this juncture we do not have plans that I am aware of to change the algorithm currently used. This algorithm is very close in nature to Suunto as you mentioned. One suggestion is to check if the PFO (personal preference option) is set to 0. This would be the most "liberal" setting on the computer.

It is certainly arguable as to what level of conservancy is best, however in my opinon I prefer to error on the side of caution. If you've ever seen or had a friend experience a bad case of DCS I think you would agree as well. I've personally witnessed DCS occur to people of good health well within the guidelines of their respective computer.

I am probably not giving you the answer you would like to hear, but I hope you can appreciate what I am suggesting.

Sincerely,

Zak

Hi Zak
Thanks for the response, i didn't think you were but i thought i would check. As i would hate to buy a new computer and then find out next week you updated yours. I'm lucky i have not had any friends suffer with DCS and hope i never do.
Regards
Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom