Mares MR52

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maxmax2018#

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Got myself to play with a MR52 first stage with carbon 2nd and carbon octo,after service cycle it to get everything settled,ip is locked at 9.8 but after few hrs it droped to 9.5-9.3 when depressurise the system and pressurised again it go back to 9.8,when purge it's lock at 9.8 what could cause the drop,first,prim and octo has new service kit in it,any advice appreciated

Does it drop to 9.5-9.3 and stay there or does it continue to drop over time?

Check to make sure your 2nd stage(s) cracking effort is set properly and not too high.
Check for leaks at any hose connections and the shrader valves in your power inflator hose.
Check your power inflator itself is not leaking.
Check the connection at your IP gauge.

If you are checking IP at the power inflator hose, perhaps check it at the end of a 2nd stage hose and see if it exhibits the same IP behavior.

The IP pressure range for your 2nd stage is 9.8Bar to 10.2Bar. Perhaps increase your IP slightly to see what affect it has on the situation.

Or, since it is a new service kit, the issue could be that the poppet seat in one or both of your 2nd stages is still breaking in....though I would be concerned that the drop in IP of nearly 8psi is not causing a free flow, so it could be a combination of the poppet seat not fully taking a set yet coupled with a cracking pressure set too high.

There is good info in the attached document that you may find useful. One check that is outlined in the checklist to pressurize your reg and leave it overnight to see if the tank pressure drops over time, indicating a slight leak.

Perhaps rsingler has some insight that might be of help.

-Z

Attachments

• RegulatorChecklist.pdf
    922.8 KB · Views: 21
Thank you for the answer,the ip dropped and stay there didn't drop any lower but when i purge i goes back to 9.8,the cracking effort is set to 1.3 prim and 1.4 octo lever height is about 4mm when u press the purge button it start purging, I'm gonna check for leaks next

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom