Mares Mr42T

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mvergalito

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a Mares Mr42T (proton Metal). I am going to buy the scuba wrench tool to replace the Yoke with the Din. What size is the nut on the Yoke? Is is a 1 inch or 26 mm?

thanks, Mark

Hi,
I'm not sure about the size of the nut without going to schematics (which I don't have in front of me), however you can use an oversized adjustable wrench. Simply turn the yoke sideways and insert it into the jaws of the wrench then closing wrench to grab the nut.

Hope this helps.

I have a MR42 as well which is currently DIN. I had the shop do the initial yoke->DIN conversion but I'd like to be able to swap it myself (DIN for local dives, Yoke on vacation).
Zak, can you tell us what amount of torque the (DIN or Yoke) adapter should be tightened to?

I have a MR42 as well which is currently DIN. I had the shop do the initial yoke->DIN conversion but I'd like to be able to swap it myself (DIN for local dives, Yoke on vacation).
Zak, can you tell us what amount of torque the (DIN or Yoke) adapter should be tightened to?

The factory spec is 12-15 lbs. ft., but I use a measured 100-120 lbs. in. on the regs that I service. That equates out to approximately 8.50-10 lbs. ft. of torque. Unless someone grabs a reg's body and starts turning it forcefully in a counter-clockwise manner, it should be sufficient. Mares also suggests using thread lock compound. I am leery of that due to possible issues with high levels of oxygen.

BTW, my Mares regs are fitted with DIN fittings. I just use an adapter when DIN valves are not available. They are becoming more prevalent in the areas where I travel.

Greg Barlow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom