Mares MR22/ABYSS vs Scubapro mk25/s600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simonc:
My LDS has Mares MR22/Abyss, V32 Proton XL, v16 Proton XL, v16 Proton MR12 Metal, Scubapro SK25/s600, Aqualung Legend and legend lx.

So my decision is not an easy one. Too many to choose from.

I wouldn't think about those V32, V16...
Focus on Abyss, Mk25/S600 and Legend LX ($100 Rebate)

I would vote for the Abyss. It is alot simpler with less moving parts. Also it is more versatile in the sense that it is a great cold water reg, where the SP lacks. It is kinda idiotproof to when it comes to trouble shooting. The SP is kinda specialized. Both great regs though let us know what you decide.

rescuediver009:
I would vote for the Abyss. It is alot simpler with less moving parts. Also it is more versatile in the sense that it is a great cold water reg, where the SP lacks. It is kinda idiotproof to when it comes to trouble shooting. The SP is kinda specialized. Both great regs though let us know what you decide.

Actually I've decided to go with the Aqualung Lengend. Best of both worlds - deep, cold, tropical and can get it service everywhere.

Clarence:
Hi,

What's your final decision? I plan to have my 1st gear also. Your advise may also applicable on my case. I heard fm some dive shop and knew that only Apeks can prevent water go into the internal part of the regulator in the market. Is it right? How to clean it if salt water go into the 1st and 2nd stage?

Thanks in advance

I narrowed it down to V32 Proton Ice and the Abyss and finally bought the V32 Proton Ice just because it is supposed to be better than the Abyss so I decided to give it a try. At www.leisurepro.com the Abyss was $299 and the Proton Ice was $374, so I decided to pay the extra $74 and get the supposed top of the line Mares. Also, I decided to go with Mares because there is a Dive shop next to my office that services them and they keep parts in stock so it does not take a long time to get checked and/or fixed. They also only charge $75 for an annual maintance, everywhere else was $95.

Back
Top Bottom