Mares MR22 Abyss 05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a very good reg I own two of them and use them for deco or stage regs. They can be a little hard to tune just right but have very good seat and poppets and stay tuned for a long time. Breath very well and have them below 300' with no issues.

The Abyss is an excellent cold water reg. I dive the COLD water of the great lakes and have never had a problem with it. also agree it is an easy breathing reg

Thanks for your replies...

I didn't realize that since I am spending so much here, do you think maybe I should consider an Atomic M1 or similar?

-r00t

Excellent reg. I have the Abyss 2000 and dove it for couple hundred dives ranging from warm water to Nova Scotia in the winter to the Great lakes year around. Never even had a hick up. Breathes easy regardless whether you're at 5 meters or 50 meters.
Just so you know what this reg is capable of :wink:
http://www.mares.com/NS_NewsView.asp?news=55

Holy smokes thats pretty impressive.

Well without much further thought I committed to the Abyss from Scubatoys.

Hey Scubatoys,

Great service!

-r00t

I believe that you will be very pleased with both the reg and Scubatoys.

I also believe that you will get more than a few curious stares at that regulator :wink:

I have been searching for a decent reg that wont break the bank or kill me. Mares Abyss looks like she will do the job. FYI I bought the Rebel octo also with a Mission 2D console - all Mares all the way!

With Scubatoys I spent a great deal of time with them and I am totally thrilled with my purchase with them. Scubatoys is solid!!!

Thanks everyone for all your replies!

-r00t

r00t0fallevil:
I have been searching for a decent reg that wont break the bank or kill me. Mares Abyss looks like she will do the job. FYI I bought the Rebel octo also with a Mission 2D console - all Mares all the way!

With Scubatoys I spent a great deal of time with them and I am totally thrilled with my purchase with them. Scubatoys is solid!!!

Thanks everyone for all your replies!

-r00t
Enjoy your new toys and stay safe. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom