Mares MR12 Voltrex Nikos service kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here you go. No need for ebay.

Mares First Stage Rebuild Kit - MR12S Int - Northeast Scuba Supply Store

The MR-12 kit costs $8.

Here is the link for your 2nd stages:

Regulators - Computers - Compass - Gauges - Regulators - Regulator Service Kits - Mares Service Kits - Mares Service Kits - Second Stage - Northeast Scuba Supply Store

Northeast scuba supply sells Mares service kits. Note that the 1st stage orifice and diaphragm and poppet are separate from the "annual" service kits since Mares does not change these parts at every "annual" service.

I would prefer they included the diaphragm, but the poppet and orifice will typically last for quite awhile so I can accept why those parts are not included.

I would recommend calling Northeast Scuba with any questions about parts availability, but I've had good luck using them as a parts source for my "fleet" of Mares regs (MR-12's and MR-22's).

Best wishes.

you are the man! thank you!

Here you go. No need for ebay.

Mares First Stage Rebuild Kit - MR12S Int - Northeast Scuba Supply Store

The MR-12 kit costs $8.

Here is the link for your 2nd stages:

Regulators - Computers - Compass - Gauges - Regulators - Regulator Service Kits - Mares Service Kits - Mares Service Kits - Second Stage - Northeast Scuba Supply Store

Northeast scuba supply sells Mares service kits. Note that the 1st stage orifice and diaphragm and poppet are separate from the "annual" service kits since Mares does not change these parts at every "annual" service.

I would prefer they included the diaphragm, but the poppet and orifice will typically last for quite awhile so I can accept why those parts are not included.

I would recommend calling Northeast Scuba with any questions about parts availability, but I've had good luck using them as a parts source for my "fleet" of Mares regs (MR-12's and MR-22's).

Best wishes.

I forgot to mention that the 1st stage volcano orifice (cannot remember what Mares calls it) should rarely (almost never) need to be changed unless it is damaged through rough handling during service. The old MR-12's had the orifice machined into the first stage; the newer ones have the removable (thus replaceable) orifice. Replaceable is better, but it does mean it needs to be removed to replace an o-ring.

The poppet is the part with the sealing surface and will eventually need to be replaced, but should last at least 2+ years, or longer.

The diaphragm can be reused, but is so cheap I don't know why Mares wont include in the annual kit... other manufacturers do include the diaphragm as an "annual" service part.

Best wishes.

I will PM you a link to schematics for Mares regs. The MR12 has a couple of variants and the filter appears to vary. I have a very old (1983) version and that still works well, now used for tank check/nitrox analysis.

There are only a few O-rings needed and the poppet. You can buy the O-rings from a supplier much cheaper than the $8kit, or buy a number of them to last years. The poppet is a standard part available from ebay Scuba Regulator High Pressure HP Seat Part First Stage Dive A244 | eBay. I have used this in my MR12. The same guy sells various filters and second-stage low pressure seats (Scuba Regulator LOW Pressure LP Seat Part Second Stage Dive Disk Style A119 | eBay, Scuba Regulator LOW Pressure LP Seat Part Second Stage Dive Disk Style AA89 | eBay)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom