mares m12 proton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arnied

Registered
Reaction score
Hello I am new to diving only a couple of dives under my belt and am thinking about buying a regulator does anyone have a opinion about the mares m12 proton

I've never dived on a Mares reg, but I understand they're ok. Personally, I feel that Apeks and ScubaPro are the manufacturers to be most trusted.

In the end, your reg decision depends heavily on the conditions of its use (recreational, overhead, deep, etc.), its reliability and servicability, its comfort and convenience, etc.

It might be more helpful to us to tell us about your intended uses, your budget, and what has led you to consider the Mares M12 Proton. We can then help you determine if your reasoning is sound.

Some bad reasons to choose a reg:

1) It looks pretty
2) It has a swivel and eighteen LP ports!
3) It's made out of spage-ace technopolymercompositefibre!
4) It has a ruby!
5) It's #1 in such-and-such a catalog!

Some good reasons to choose a reg:

1) It demonstrably breathes easy, on a machine and on a human being, on the surface and at depth.
2) It is reliable, can be disassembled and reassembled with a minimum of tools, and uses easily available parts.
3) It does not vibrate or breath annoyingly
4) It does not blow its bubbles right in your face
5) It does not breathe wet (i.e. it gives you nice dry breaths, rather than leaking small amounts of water in)
6) It has diver-adjustable parameters like cracking pressure (this can help stop freeflow while it's not in use, and still provide top-notch breathing performace)

... there are more, but hey, I'm tired. :)

- Warren

I am also interested if anyone can provide information on the Mares Proton second stage. I saw on at the LDS the other day. It's tiny.

Back
Top Bottom