Mares isotherm help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually there are several divers who have unbalanced versions installed in their wet suits. It is fairly common to see them on cave divers diving wet.

Greg Barlow

wierd..I am just getting into cave diving so I am still going the wet route. Are these people going the condom catheter route and all? I mean it seems a little overboard, maybe its just me.

I figured you had done some cavern diving, as your picture certainly looks like it was taken from Devil's Den. Yeah, the condom style catheter is used for both the balanced and unbalanced versions. Some of my cave dives have been in excess of two hours in length, and dehydration is not an option when making dives requiring staged decompression. A balanced valve is not needed with a wet suit due to no pressure variations.

One of my dive buddies has such a unit installed in two of his wet suits used for cave diving.

Greg

I have one and it is excellent!
I use it in Alaska till the water goes below 48 and I am VERY pleased with this product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom